Heart Care Recovery in a Comforting Enviroment
One of the most important aspects of patient recovery is comfort. With this in mind, more than 200 physicians, nurses and clinical staff were consulted in the development of patient rooms for the Prebys Cardiovascular Institute. More than a year of studying evidence-based research helped determine the best architecture for patient comfort and safety.
Prebys Cardiovascular Institute will include 108 private, in-patient rooms that feature separate patient entry points for privacy along with the latest in monitoring technology to maximize health care providers’ response to patients’ needs.
Patient room amenities
- Private, single rooms with abundant natural light
- Soothing color schemes of sand, sky and sea with soft accents
- Designated family spaces in each room
- Controllable lighting system
- Wireless Internet access
- Flat screen televisions
- Comfortable sleeper chairs and pullout couches for family members
- Special suites will be available on each floor for patients who require advanced security and privacy
Patient safety features
- Restrooms located on the same wall as the bed
- Grab bar along the wall for support
- Open showers to eliminate steps or lips
- Advanced nurse call system
In addition to the in-patient rooms, Prebys Cardiovascular Institute will feature 60 ICU rooms, four of which will be negative pressure isolation rooms for infection control. All of the ICU rooms will feature sinks at the room entrances, antimicrobial finishes and smooth, easily disinfected surfaces for enhanced infection control.
ICU rooms will also feature ceiling lifts that allow caregivers to move a patient securely and comfortably.