M.O.S.T. is making a difference
Reaching out to those who have limited access to health care, M.O.S.T provides care and compassion during week-long outreach missions in the heart of southern and central Mexico, which helps to uplift the spirits and self-esteem of nearly 300 children and adults.
The volunteer group of physicians, nurses, technicians and others perform life-changing surgeries to correct cleft lips, cleft palates, burn scars, crossed eyes, hernias and a variety of other conditions.
Supported entirely through philanthropy, M.O.S.T. has profoundly transformed the lives of more than 10,300 patients since the program first began in 1988. The far-reaching impact of our program would not be possible without the generosity of our donors and volunteers.
Mission of M.O.S.T.
- To bring hope, comfort and the opportunity for a better life to children and adults through corrective surgery
- To share medical knowledge and expertise with colleagues in a host country
- To provide an opportunity for team volunteers to experience the spiritual rewards of service
2013 M.O.S.T. Mariachi Festival
Join us at the 3rd Annual Mercy Outreach Surgical Team (M.O.S.T.) Mariachi Festival on Saturday, September 21, 2013, to support M.O.S.T.’s important work. Register Today.
During a M.O.S.T. trip to Tula, Mexico, our volunteer team of surgeons, nurses and other staff members treated more than 300 children for cleft palates and lips, crossed eyes and burn scar revisions. Footage from that mission was used to produce “Miracles in Tula,” a documentary hosted by Naomi Judd, a country music star and former nurse.
To receive a DVD of this documentary, please call 619-686-3633.
Find out more about the Mercy Outreach Surgical Team’s work in these publications:
- MOST newsletter Fall 2012 (PDF, 9.82 MB)
- MOST newsletter Winter 2012 (PDF, 515 KB)
- MOST newsletter Spring/Summer 2011 (PDF, 539 KB)
- MOST newsletter Winter 2010 (PDF, 493 KB)
- MOST newsletter Spring 2010 (PDF, 432 KB)
- MOST newsletter Fall 2009 (PDF, 459 KB)
- MOST newsletter Summer 2009 (PDF, 399 KB)
- MOST newsletter Fall 2008 (PDF, 383 KB)
- MOST newsletter Summer 2008 (PDF, 554 KB)
The Mercy Outreach Surgical Team (M.O.S.T.) provides care and compassion to people in Mexico. Learn more about M.O.S.T. and how you can benefit this program.