- Scripps Health Named Among Top 15 Health Systems in Nation
- Scripps Health received a $40,000 grant from the San Diego affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure to support Scripps’ Healthy Women Healthy families Program.
- Fitch and Standford & Poors Rating Services affirmed the Scripps Health AA- credit rating and Moody’s reaffirmed Scripps’ existing AA3 rating for exceptional financial performance and stable outlook.
- Scripps Health Chief Academic Officer Eric Topol, MD, has been named one of the 10 most influential physician executives by Modern Healthcare magazine.
- FierceBiotech has named Scripps Health Chief Academic Officer Eric Topol, MD, among its top 10 biotech techies for 2013.
- Scripps Green was named among the top 100 hospitals in the nation, and recognized for teaching excellence in its graduate medical education program by Truven Health Analytics, formerly Thomson Reuters.
- Scripps Health named a top company for executive women by the National Association for Female Executives.
- Scripps Health was once again named one of Fortune magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work.
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2012-2013 Best Hospitals rankings named the combined heart programs of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and Scripps Green Hospital among the best in the nation for cardiology and heart surgery.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas and Scripps Green Hospital have been named to a list of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission.
- Scripps Mercy Hospital’s San Diego campus was recently verified as a Level 1 Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons’ (ACS) Verification Review Committee.
- Scripps Encinitas Rehab Center earns prestigious reaccreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas and Scripps Green Hospital were granted the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Scripps Memorial Encinitas was named to the ‘Target: Stroke’ honor roll by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval as a hospital performing Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) as a destination therapy.
- Scripps Health received a $3.75 million grant from the Qualcomm Foundation, to be used for the Scripps Translational Science Institute, to support the development of breakthrough digital technologies designed to revolutionize the practice of medicine.
- Becker’s Hospital Review recognized Scripps President and CEO, Chris Van Gorder, as one of the most powerful people in health care.
- Scripps Health President and CEO, Chris Van Gorder, named volunteer of the year.
- Mimi Guarneri, MD, cardiologist and founder of the Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine, received the 2012 Linus Pauling Functional Medicine Lifetime Achievement Award for significant achievements in the field of integrative medicine.
- Scripps Health Chief Academic Officer Eric Topol, MD, been named the most influential physician executive in health care by Modern Healthcare magazine.
- Scripps Green Hospital was recognized by Thomson Reuters, for the third consecutive year and fifth time overall, as one of the top teaching hospitals in the nation.
- Scripps Health was named one of Fortune magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work.
- Scripps Health was named one of Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies.
- Scripps Health was recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality in the Healthcare Equality Index 2012 report—an annual survey conducted by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation.
- Scripps Health web site ranked second among the 25 best in health care web sites in the nation.
- Elearning! media group named Scripps one of 60 best companies for learning.
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2011-2012 Best Hospitals rankings named the combined heart programs of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and Scripps Green Hospital among the best in the nation for cardiology and heart surgery.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, Scripps Green Hospital, Scripps Mercy Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas were recognized for high performance in 12 specialties in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals metro area rankings.
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla was recognized as a top performer on key quality measures by The Joint Commission.
- U.S. News & World Report named 36 physicians from Scripps Health as “Top Doctors.”
- Scripps Green Hospital was named by Thomson Reuters as one of the nation’s top teaching hospitals in their 100 Top Hospitals list.
- Scripps Encinitas and Scripps Green received a Gold Plus award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines program.
- Scripps Mercy Hospital’s Chula Vista campus was certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
- Patients rank Scripps Clinic No. 1 in the San Diego region and No. 2 in the state for overall health care, according to a 2011 report from the California Cooperative Healthcare Reporting Initiative (CCHRI). Scripps Coastal Medical Group ranked No. 3 in the San Diego region and No. 8 in the state.
- Scripps Green Hospital become the first civilian hospital in San Diego County to earn accreditation in radiation oncology from the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO).
- The Scripps Cancer Center received a Commission on Cancer re-accreditation for three years. Scripps is currently one of only two hospitals in California to have this accreditation and received five areas of commendations.
- Scripps Health Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Green Hospital received re-accreditation from FACT (Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy).
- Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute received $250,000 grant by the McKesson Foundation to support wireless health monitoring.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) awarded a $7.9 million grant to the Scripps Translational Science Institute (STSI) of San Diego and Sangamo BioSciences of Richmond, Calif. to conduct the nation’s first-ever, heart-based “disease in a dish” research.
- For orthopedics, Scripps received the Nicolas Andry Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons. This is for significant contributions to research into how forces are distributed in the knee, via Scripps e-knee research.
- Scripps Health was named to Fortune magazine’s list of America’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Scripps ranked No. 37 on this year’s list.
- Working Mother – 2011 List of American’s 100 Best Companies.
- Scripps was chosen as one of the Best Places to Work in Health Care by Becker’s Hospital Review.
- Scripps President and CEO Chris Van Gorder, was named No. 18 on Modern Healthcare’s annual ranking of the nation’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare. (Dr. Eric Topol was listed as #69)
- Fitch and Standard & Poor Rating Services upgraded the Scripps Health credit rating to AA- and Moody’s reaffirmed Scripps’ existing A1 rating.
- Scripps Health received its accreditation with commendation as a provider of continuing medical education by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).