- Trial ID:
- Steven Higgins
- Eligible patients will meet all of the following:
- 1. Have an indication for an ICD implantation or pulse generator change
- 2. Have documented coronary artery disease. Documented coronary artery disease is defined as having at least one of the following present a) evidence of a prior MI on ECG and/or cardiac enzymes, b) prior revascularization (by coronary artery bypass grafting or percutaneous coronary intervention) c) angina and/or ST-T wave abnormalities indicative of ischemia on exercise stress test, nuclear stress test, or echo stress test, or d) coronary artery disease diagnosed by coronary angiography.
- 3. Willing and able to comply with protocol requirements, including keeping all required visits
- 4. Willing to participate in the study and able to sign an IRB approved informed consent form
- 5. Be at least 18 years of age when enrolled in the study
- Patients will be excluded if they meet any of the following:
- 1. Are pacemaker dependent (defined as a need for ventricular pacing ≥ 20% of the time)
- 2. Have NYHA Class IV Heart Failure
- 3. Have persistent or permanent atrial fibrillation
- 4. Have a known history of intermittent Bundle Branch Block
- 5. Pregnant or planning a pregnancy during the study participation
- 6. Have a life expectancy of < 1 year due to any condition
- 7. Are currently participating in a clinical investigation that includes an active treatment arm.
- Jemymah Morley, BS
Why isn't this trial accepting new patients?
The trial may have a limited enrollment number, reached its maximum, or come to the end of its enrollment period. View trials that are recruiting
How else can Scripps help me?
We have a broad range of physician expertise and specialized medical services available. You can find a doctor online, call 1-800-SCRIPPS (1-800-727-4777) for personal help, or see related Scripps services.
How can I find trials that are accepting new participants?
For more information, see a list of trials that are recruiting, or call the clinical research office at 800-995-4200 for help.