- Trial ID:
- Paul Teirstein
- Individual is ≥ 18 and ≤ 80 years old at time of randomization.
- Individual is receiving a stable medication regimen including full tolerated doses of 3 or more anti-hypertensive medications of different classes, of which one must be a diuretic (with no changes for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to screening) that is expected to be maintained without changes for at least 6 months.
- Individual has an office systolic blood pressure (SBP) of ≥ 160 mmHg based on an average of 3 blood pressure readings measured at both an initial screening visit and a confirmatory screening visit
- Individual has an estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) of < 45 mL/min/1.73 m2
- Individual has an Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM) 24 hour average SBP < 135 mmHg
- Individual has type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Individual requires chronic oxygen support or mechanical ventilation (e.g., tracheostomy, CPAP, BiPAP) other than nocturnal respiratory support for sleep apnea.
- Individual has primary pulmonary hypertension.
- Individual is pregnant, nursing or planning to be pregnant.
Why isn't this trial accepting new patients?
The trial may have a limited enrollment number, reached its maximum, or come to the end of its enrollment period. View trials that are recruiting
How else can Scripps help me?
We have a broad range of physician expertise and specialized medical services available. You can find a doctor online, call 1-800-SCRIPPS (1-800-727-4777) for personal help, or see related Scripps services.
How can I find trials that are accepting new participants?
For more information, see a list of trials that are recruiting, or call the clinical research office at 800-995-4200 for help.