Virtual high dose rate (HDR) CyberKnife (CK) prostate treatment has comparable morbidity and
efficacy compared with actual prostate HDR treatment,
- Trial ID:
- Donald Fuller
- Histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate, clinical stage T1b - T2b (AJCC 6th Edition, see Appendix II), NX/N0, M0.
- Karnofsky performance status > 80.
- Patient must be ≥ 18 years of age.
- Gleason Sum < or = 7
- Prostate-specific antigen < or = 20 ng/ml
- Patients must sign a study-specific informed consent form prior to study entry.
- Stage < T1b, T2c, T3 or T4 disease (AJCC 6th Edition, see Appendix II).
- Gleason Score > 7.
- PSA > 20 ng/ml.
- Lymph node involvement (N1).
- Evidence of distant metastases (M1).
- Radical surgery for carcinoma of the prostate, prior pelvic radiation, pelvic surgical clips or other metallic foreign bodies.
- History of hormonal therapy (antiandrogen or 5 alpha reductase treatment within three months prior to treatment).
- Previous or concurrent cancers other than basal, in situ, or squamous cell skin cancers unless disease-free for ≥ 5 years.
- Major medical or psychiatric illness, which in the investigator's opinion, would prevent completion of treatment and would interfere with follow-up.
- Metallic Hip prosthesis.
- History of inflammatory bowel disease