- Trial ID:
- Charles Smith
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Ability to understand the purpose and risks of the study and provide signed and dated informed consent and authorization to use protected health information (PHI) in accordance with national and local patient privacy regulations.
- Documented diagnosis of Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis (McDonald 2010 Criteria ).
- <3 year disease duration.
- Must have an Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) score from 0 to 4.0, inclusive.
- Anti-JCV antibody negative test at Screening Visit
- Must satisfy the approved therapeutic indications for Tysabri®.
- Must be treatment-naïve to disease-modifying therapy (DMT) or have been treated with a single DMT (including Avonex, Betaseron, Rebif, Copaxone, Extavia, or Gilenya) for ≤12 months total prior to date of informed consent.
- Decision to treat with Tysabri® must precede enrollment.
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Any prior treatment with Tysabri®.
- Anti-JCV antibody positive at any timepoint prior to the Screening Visit.
- Contraindications to treatment with Tysabri® as described in the US Prescribing Information.
- History of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) or other opportunistic infections, or an increased risk for such infections.
- History of diagnosis of Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (PPM) and/or Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (SPMS).
- Receiving immunomodulatory or immunosuppressive therapy.
- Prior history of immunosuppressive use (mitoxantrone, azathioprine, methotrexate, cyclophosphamide, mycophenolate, cladribine, rituximab).
- Immunocompromised at the time of enrollment.
- Known active malignancies (subjects with cutaneous basal cell carcinoma that has been completely excised prior to study entry remain eligible).
- Women breastfeeding, pregnant, or planning to become pregnant; women who are not post-menopausal or surgically sterile who are unwilling to practice contraception.
- Inability to comply with study requirements.
NOTE: Other protocol defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply.
- Biogen Idec