- Trial ID:
- Barbara Mason
- Meets criteria for alcohol dependence.
- Expresses a desire to cut down or stop drinking.
- Currently meets criteria for dependence on substances other than alcohol.
- History of opiate dependence or evidence of current opiate use.
- Significant medical disorders that will increase potential risk or interfere with study participation.
- Liver function tests more than 3 times normal or elevated bilirubin.
- Female patients who are pregnant, nursing, or not using a reliable method of birth control.
- Inability to understand and provide a consent form.
- Treatment with an investigational drug during the previous month.
- Prior treatment with naltrexone.
- Chronic treatment with any narcotic-containing medications during the previous month.
- Sensitivity to naltrexone as evidenced by adverse drug experiences especially with narcotic containing analgesics or opioid antagonists.
- Current treatment with disulfiram.
- More than 6 weeks of abstinence.
- Meets criteria for a major psychiatric disorder and is in need of, or currently undergoing pharmacotherapy.
Why isn't this trial accepting new patients?
The trial may have a limited enrollment number, reached its maximum, or come to the end of its enrollment period. View trials that are recruiting
How else can Scripps help me?
We have a broad range of physician expertise and specialized medical services available. You can find a doctor online, call 1-800-SCRIPPS (1-800-727-4777) for personal help, or see related Scripps services.
How can I find trials that are accepting new participants?
For more information, see a list of trials that are recruiting, or call the clinical research office at 800-995-4200 for help.