- Trial ID:
- Thomas Heywood
- 1. Male and female adults (>/= 18 years of age)
- 2. Documented diagnosis of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) (all of the following):
- 3. Diagnosis of PAH < 3 years
- 4. Need for PAH specific treatment
- 5. Desire to participate and signs an Informed Consent.
i. Right Heart Catheterization (RHC) demonstrating mean Pulmonary Arterial Pressure (mPAP) > 25mm Hg and Pulmonary Capillary Wedge Pressure (PCWP) ii. Forced Expiratory Volume in the first second (FEV1) > 50% predicted normal iii. Ventilation/Perfusion (V/Q) and/or Computerized Tomography (CT) scan excluding the thromboembolic etiology
- Poor mental function, drug or substance (e.g., alcohol) abuse, or unstable psychiatric illness, which, in the opinion of the investigator, may interfere with optimal participation in the study;
- Prior participation in this program; c. Patients with pulmonary hypertension classified as group 2 - 5 Dana Point, 2008 updated clinical classification.