Translational Nutrition: Turning Research into Practice
October 15-18, 2014
Join world renowned researchers and clinicians as we learn to translate nutrition science into practice.
- Clinicians (physicians and all nutrition-related practitioners)
- Researchers and Academicians
- Individuals active or interested in the nutrition field
Symposium I: Food Addiction
Moderator: Joan Ifland, PhD, MBA
- Theresa Wright, MS, RD, LDN, Treating Food Addiction: Focus on External Cuing of Overwhelming Cravings
- Joan Ifland, PhD, MBA, The Role of Craving Triggers
- Nicholas Perricone, MD, FACN, Anti- Inflammatory Strategies for Beautiful Skin, Health and Longevity
Symposium II and III: Debate of Micronutrient Supplementation—Chromium, Vitamin D, Copper & Zinc
Moderators: George Brewer, MD, MACN and Ananda Prasad, MD, PhD, MACN
- Richard Anderson, PhD, MACN, Beneficial Effects of Chromium Supplementation
- John Vincent, PhD, Is Chromium Nutritionally or Pharmacologically Relevant?
- Robert Heaney, MD, FACN, The Human Vitamin D Requirement is Higher than the IOM Thinks
- Sue Shapses, PhD, RD, Vitamin D is Not a Simple Vitamin: A Few Reasons Why
- Bonnie Ransom Stern, PhD, MPH, Consideration of Copper Supplements to Optimize Health and Reduce Risk of Chronic Disease
- George Brewer, MD, MACN, Risk of Cognition Loss from Taking Copper Supplements
- Ananda Prasad, MD, PhD, MACN, Zinc Supplementation in the Elderly
- Leslie Klavay, MD, Hidden Hunger for Copper
Symposium IV: Ketogenic Diet & Endurance in Athletes
Moderators: Beverly Teter, PhD, MACN, CNS and Glibert Kaats, PhD, FACN
- Jeff Volek, PhD, RD, Grace Goldsmith Award Presentation: Ketogenic Diet and Endurance in Athletes
- Gilbert Kaats, PhD, FACN, Dexa Introduction
Symposium V: GMO Impact on Health: A Debate on the Science
Moderators: Harry Preuss, MD, MACN, CNS; Dallas Clouatre, PhD, FACN and Corinne Bush, MS, CNS
- Dallas Clouatre, PhD, FACN, GMO Overview
- C.S. Prakash, PhD, A Case For GMOs
- Thierry Vrain, PhD, A Case Against GMOs
- Michael Colgan, PhD, CCN, FACN, Pro Rebuttal
- Robert Verkek, PhD, Con Rebuttal
Symposium VI: Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics & Informatics
Moderators: Debasis Bagchi, PhD, MACN, CNS and Harry Preuss, MD, MACN, CNS
- Chandan Sen, PhD, FACN, MicroRNA: The Missing Link of Nutrigenomics
- Lu Qi, MD, PhD, FAHA, Diet-Gene Intereactions and Weight Management
- Okezie Aruoma, PhD, FACN, Nutrition, Genomics and Human Health: A Complex Mechanism for Wellness
- Shampa Chatterjee, PhD, Bioinformatics Insights into Lung Inflammation and Injury
Symposium VII: Research Briefs: The Latest in Nutrition Science
Symposium VIII: What Drives Cardiometabolic Risk—Excessive Fat or Low Muscle Mass?
Moderators: Amalia Gastaldelli, PhD, FACN and Ralph DeFronzo, MD
- Ralph A. DeFronzo, MD, ACN Award Lecture – Cardiometabolic Risk: What Is It and What Can We Do About It?
- Stephen Harrison, MD, Fat in the Liver
- Geltrude Mingrone, MD, PhD, MACN, Wallach Award Lecture – Losing Weight with Bariatric Surgery: A New Treatment for Cardiometabolic Disease?
- Elena Volpi, MD, PhD, Losing Muscle as You Age: Does this Increase Cardiometabolic Risk?
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter Hotel Information
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
101 Bowie Street
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Hotel Direct: 210-223-1000
The San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, a magnificent 38 story hotel located directly on the San Antonio River Walk. The hotel is connected to the Rivercenter Mall, a premier shopping, dining and entertainment destination. Featuring luxurious rooms and suites, guests will enjoy supreme comfort conveniently located near many area attractions, including Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the San Antonio Zoo and the Alamo.
We are fortunate to have obtained special low rates at the hotel starting at $189 per night for a single/double occupancy room (plus tax and parking). All rooms also come with:
- Complimentary internet in the guestrooms
Make your reservations early! A block of rooms is being held for us until Tuesday, September 23, 2014. After this date, reservations will be accepted on a space and rate availability basis only. Be sure to mention the American College of Nutrition reduced rate when making your reservations.
Please note: Attendees who book their room through an online, third-party service (Hotels.com©, Expedia.com©, Priceline.com©, etc.) are not eligible to receive the amenities listed above.
|Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 - Saturday, October 18th, 2014||2:00 pm - 11:45 am|