Support for Patients and Caregivers
Join neurologist Dee Silver, MD, for updates on ways to manage the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. Classes are designed for people with Parkinson’s diseases and their caregivers.
Neuroprotection: Keeping the Cells Alive
Dr. Silver will examine an emerging concept in Parkinson’s Disease (PD): developing therapies designed to keep neural cells alive. Topics covered in this lecture include:
- Causes of cell death
- Environmental and genetic factors in cell death
- Theories of abnormal protein accumulation and cell dysfunction
Dr. Silver lectures extensively on Parkinson’s pathophysiology, clinical course and treatment.
- Scripps Mende Well Being Center
- 4305 La Jolla Village Drive,
- San Diego, CA 92122 US 32.8736 -117.21
- Phone number
|Thursday, June 27th, 2013||1:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Free|