Primary Care Summer Conference 2013 (PDF, 974 KB)
Exhibitor Prospectus Primary Care Summer Conference 2013 (PDF, 105 KB)
The broad scope of the primary care physician’s practice incorporates management of acute, undiagnosed illness and complex, multisystem disease, as well as the provision of extensive preventive care and general health promotion. In addition, because primary care physicians are most often the first medical practitioner contacted by a patient, the daily clinical challenges require a distinct approach and special skills in eliciting concerns, focusing key issues, negotiating plans, and helping solve problems. Primary care physicians also need to actively collaborate with referral specialists and coordinate the care given by varied organizations. All this is firmly based in the context of a patient-physician relationship built on mutual trust and knowledge. With this in mind, Scripps Clinic developed the Primary Care Summer Conference.
Scripps Clinic’s Primary Care Summer Conference was designed by primary care physicians for primary care physicians and will present content from their unique perspective. This important CME conference will educate and promote improved patient outcomes in a broad range of therapeutic areas commonly encountered in the busy primary care practice. In addition to an overview of the history and current science of a variety of specialty areas, content will be presented in a very practical, patient-focused manner relevant to the specific primary care setting and challenges.
- Presentation of a wide variety of therapeutic areas commonly encountered in primary and urgent care settings
- Practical and useful content, including pearls, additional resources and course materials and recordings for later reference
- Dynamic and interactive formats including case studies, audience response system, and ample opportunities for Q&A
- Half-day schedules at one of San Diego’s most popular vacation destinations allowing time for learning and relaxation
- Family Practice
- Internal Medicine
- Urgent Care Physicians
- General Practice Medical Professionals
- Hilton San Diego Resort
- 1775 E. Mission Bay Drive
- San Diego, CA 92109 US 32.7789 -117.21
|Friday, August 2nd, 2013 - Sunday, August 4th, 2013||7:00 am - 12:30 pm|