The Inaugural Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine Conference and The15th Annual ABIHM Course
Integrative Holistic Medicine Brochure 2014 (PDF, 670 KB)
October 25: Pre-Conference
- Integrative Mental Health: Practical Tools for Changing Lives
- Healing the Healer: Cultivating Resiliency in Health Care
October 26 – 30: Main Conference with Focused Tracks
The focused tracks are designed for repeat attendees, advanced integrative practitioners, or those who aren’t preparing for the exam. There is no additional fee, and they’re offered at the same time as the rest of the conference. Focused tracks will be audiotaped for purchase at a later time.
October 30 – 31: Post Conference
- The Leadership in Integrative Health Certification Program for Health Care Administrators
Certification in Integrative Health Administration Brochure 2014 (PDF, 650 KB)
Benefits of certification:
- You will have enhanced credibility for the practice of integrative holistic medicine.
- Your patients will benefit from your expanded knowledge.
- You will partially qualify for a fellowship waiver by the emerging American Board of Integrative Medicine (ABoIM.org).
- You will be identified as a member of a recognized group with peer-reviewed, acknowledged standards and scientific basis.
- You will become a leader in the field of integrative holistic medicine.
- Your status as an ABIHM Diplomate will be honored and recognized by the AIHM, under which you may maintain ABIHM certification
- You will qualify for the Diplomate discount rate on our online educational products and membership rates.
This is the final planned opportunity to become an ABIHM Diplomate before a new standard in integrative medicine is developed. See www.abihm.org/physicians/board-certification for details. The ABIHM Certification Exam (for MD’s and DO’s exclusively) establishes a standard of excellence and accountability for the application of integra-tive holistic medicine. By meeting the ABIHM requirements for certification, you will join 2500 physician Diplomates who have undergone the only comprehensive, peer reviewed, psychometrically validated standard for MD’s and DO’s practicing integrative holistic medicine to date within the USA and Canada. Integrative medicine is a specialty undergoing transition; please see www.abihm.org for more information.The October 31st ABIHM exam will be the final time it is offered. The Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine will offer a multidisciplinary certification process broadly avail¬able to a variety of licensed health professionals.
Integrative holistic medicine embraces conventional and complementary therapies that are based in science. It focuses on the whole person: mind, body, and spirit, with a strong emphasis on the physician-patient partnership. Integrative holistic medicine is based on the following principles:
- Health is more than the absence of disease.
- A person is more than his/her symptoms, and healing requires a whole person approach.
- Empowered patients make long-term and lasting changes that support healing and optimal health.
Research has demonstrated that nearly one in three Americans seek out complementary and alternative medicine to supplement conventional care. Patients are asking their physicians about the medical value of these therapies. Since these approaches have not become routinely incorporated into most health professional school curricula, health care providers are seeking trusted sources for learning about these techniques. The course was created with these needs in mind, and sets reasonable standards for the application of integrative holistic medicine. The course is valued for its evidence based, clinically relevant focus, and is appropriate for seasoned integrative practitioners as well as newcomers to the field.
This educational course is for health care professionals who are seeking to expand their clinical competencies and advance their mind-body-spirit approach to healing. Credits are available for many health care professionals: physicians, nurses, dieticians,
acupuncturists, chiropractors, naturopaths, pharmacists, physician assistants and more.
The Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM)
The mission of the expanded global academy is to implement the science of health and healing into practice by bringing leaders of medicine and the healing arts together into an academic and clinically focused community. This year, join the celebration as the AIHM offers membership to the conference community for the very first time.
Conference Hotel Information
The conference is taking place at Paradise Point Resort but the room bock is almost full, please scroll down for alternate hotel options.
Paradise Point Resort & Spa
1404 Vacation Road
San Diego, CA 92109
Be sure to mention that you are attending the Scripps Conference when making your reservations to receive the reduced rate of $192/night. A block of rooms is being held until October 3, 2014. After this date, reservations will be accepted on a space and rate available basis only. Book early! We sold out the hotel venue last year earlier than anticipated.
Scripps Rate Includes:
- Complimentary Passport to Paradise (valued at $17 per day, which includes complimentary guest room internet, domestic phone calls, access to fitness center and guest recreational activities)
- Complimentary day and overnight parking
Please note: Attendees who book their room through an online, third-party service (Hotels.com©, Expedia.com©, Priceline.com©, etc.) are not eligible to receive the amenities listed above.
Alternative Hotel Options:
Hilton San Diego Resort
1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109
Rates & Reservations at The Hilton
We have obtained a special rate starting at $192 per night, plus tax .Please mention the Scripps/AIHM conference when making your reservation. This special rate will be available until October 16, and includes:
- Complimentary Fitness Center access
- Complimentary transportation to and from hotel to Paradise Point starting 10/23/14 thru 10/31/14
- Complimentary Resort fee
- Complimentary overnight parking
Depart from outside Hilton San Diego Resort Lobby and Drop off Main Ballroom Entrance at Paradise Point
- Thurs, Oct 23 – 9am and 4pm
- Fri, Oct 24 – 9am and 4pm
- Sat, Oct 25 – 7:45am and 5pm
- Sun, Oct 26 – 7:15am and 6pm
- Mon, Oct 27 – 7:15am and 6:30pm
- Tue, Oct 28 – 7:15am and 6:30pm
- Wed, Oct 29 – 7:15am and 6:30pm
- Thurs, Oct 30 – 7:15am and 6:30pm
- Fri, Oct 31 – 6:45am and 12:15pm
- Paradise Point Resort
- 1404 Vacation Road
- San Diego, CA 92109 US 32.775 -117.239
|Saturday, October 25th, 2014 - Friday, October 31st, 2014||7:30 am - 5:00 pm|