Providing Community Medicine to Underserved Patients
These rotations are for medical students who wish to gain experience in a family medicine environment that caters to the underserved Latino population of the San Diego border area.
Outpatient and inpatient rotations are available for visiting medical students.
Rotation opportunities include:
- Inpatient service
- Various outpatient clinics, such as the resident clinic and Southwest High adolescent clinic
- Participation in prenatal care at the Samahan Clinic.
There is a close affiliation with the UC San Diego Family Medicine program.
- Students must be enrolled in a LCME approved medical school in the United States or Canada
- Completed core clerkship training.
- Students must be in good academic standing with their school to qualify for the rotation.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a clerkship, please print and submit the
Community Medicine Clerkship Application. (PDF, 137 KB)