The terms and conditions of the Scripps Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Fellowship Program training and employment are specified in the employment agreement (resident contract), including training obligations, stipend and benefits.
Annual stipend for academic year 2014-2015: $57,000
Health and dental insurance plans are available for fellows and their dependents for a minimal cost. Confidential counseling and psychological support services are available on request.
- Life insurance coverage, up to one million dollars, is available for fellows and their dependents.
- Long-term disability insurance, at Scripps rates, is available for purchase. State Disability
Insurance is paid by the fellow. The State of California requires this contribution.
- Malpractice insurance
Fellows are covered by malpractice insurance while performing services within the scope of their training at Scripps Clinic. The liability limit is $5,000,000 per claim/$5,000,000 annually. Tail coverage is provided.
- Educational expenses
Scripps provides a $4,000 educational expense allowance annually to each MIGS fellow for professional meetings and conferences, books and journals, professional dues and other educational expenses.
- Vacations and leave
Fellows receive 20 vacation/professional meeting days annually. Six paid sick days (48 hours) are allotted annually. Parental and other leaves of absence follow Scripps policy and California State Law. Substantial absences may necessitate additional rotations to complete training.
- Other benefits
- Lab coats and scrubs are provided and laundered by Scripps.
- Paid parking in is provided at no cost.
- A full-service cafeteria is located in the hospital.
- Call rooms are provided as needed.