Preparing Doctors to Provide Hospice and Palliative Care
The Scripps Mercy Hospital Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program prepares physicians to care for people who have serious or life-threatening illnesses. Graduates are well-versed in caring for patients in both the hospice and palliative medicine settings, as well as all levels and locations of care.
- Diverse patient populations and teaching sites
- Strong camaraderie between fellows and faculty
- Prepares trainees in a variety of roles, including leadership
- One-year program designed for physicians to become sub-specialists in hospice and palliative medicine (HPM)
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Scripps Mercy is the primary teaching site for the HPM fellowship in San Diego