Pharmacy Residency Program Emphasizes Hands-On Training
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla offers three 12-month resident positions. Accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), the postgraduate training is designed to develop skilled clinicians that can deliver pharmaceutical care in a variety of health care settings.
Learn more about the program to determine if you would make a good match.
- Accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Small, supportive program with frequent faculty-resident interaction
- Focused on pharmacotherapy, research and teaching in a decentralized practice model
- Clinical pharmacy services integrated into multi-disciplinary care teams
- Post-residency career placement opportunities at Scripps Health and beyond
- Named among the nation’s best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report
- Listed by Fortune magazine as one of the best places to work
- More than 24 clinical pharmacists with specialists in cardiology, infectious disease, medication management therapy management, oncology and OR/surgical services
- 1 of only 20 Comprehensive Stroke Centers in the US
- Joint Commision certified Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) program