Family Medicine Residency Faculty
The Scripps Family Medicine Residency program has an experienced group of core faculty that supports comprehensive family medicine education.
Interacting with residents on a daily basis, faculty members not only teach the fundamentals of family medicine, but also offer expertise in areas of maternal and child health, geriatrics, behavioral health, ambulatory surgery and community medicine.
The family medicine physician faculty members provide patient care and teaching in a hospital setting. In addition, seven of them provide intra-partum maternity care. The program also has support and teaching from specialists in ob-gyn, critical care, cardiology, emergency medicine and other medical specialties.
- David J. Shaw, MD — Director of Medical Education
- Marianne McKennett, MD – Program Director, Family Medicine Residency Program
- Mary [Moya] Richards, MD — Assistant Program Director
- Michael Rosenblatt, DO, MPH – Assistant Program Director
- Shaila Serpas, MD — Assistant Program Director
- Randy Swartz, MD — Assistant Program Director
- Raul Trejo, MD — Clinical Faculty
- Martin Kabongo, MD — UCSD Family Medicine Faculty