Scripps Mercy Internal Medicine Residency Program
Scripps Mercy Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program provides broad-based clinical training for future ambulatory care internists, hospitalist internists, academic Internists and subspecialists.
Based at Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego, the residency program gives residents the opportunity to serve a socioeconomically, ethnically and clinically diverse patient population.
In fact, more than 50 internal medicine and transitional year residents provide care at Mercy Clinic, which is committed to serving the community’s underserved.
Learn more about the program to determine if you would make a good match.
- Small, supportive program with frequent faculty-resident interaction
- Post-residency career placement opportunities at Scripps Health and beyond
- 90+ percent placement of residents who pursue fellowships
- Among the highest nationwide board pass rates in internal medicine (>99%)
- 1st place in the 2012 Southern California ACP Clinical Vignette and Research Competition
- One of the original 18 ACGME Educational Innovation Program participants
- First year resident positions: 12
- Physician faculty: 44 full-time, 50 part-time
- Average hours per week on duty: 60
- Average hours per week of lectures/conferences: 8
- Level I Trauma Center
- Busiest emergency department in San Diego
- Certified Stroke and STEMI receiving center
- Licensed for 700 acute care beds
- Listed on Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work