Transitional Year Residency Provides Comprehensive Training Prior to Specialization
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego offers a competitive Transitional Year and Transitional Year Anesthesia Residency Program for physicians entering their first post-graduate year after medical school.
The program provides a wide breadth of training in internal medicine and pediatric medicine to serve as a foundation for subspecialties such as ophthalmology, anesthesiology, radiology, dermatology, radiation oncology, neurology, emergency medicine and more.
Transitional year residency training at Scripps Mercy provides new physicians with clinical skills that serve as a cornerstone for future training and career paths. In fact, many of our residents have secured competitive fellowships in their specialty and have risen to academic positions at prestigious medical centers around the country.
- Superior clinical skills training in a nationally ranked health care system that fosters education
- Residents manage patients directly with attending physicians
- Patient population is ethnically and socioeconomically diverse
- Transitional year positions: 12
- Transitional Year/Anesthesia positions offered in conjunction with UCSD: 6
- Physician faculty: 44 full-time, 60 part-time
- Average hours per week on duty during first year: 65
- Busiest emergency department in San Diego
- Certified Stroke, STEMI receiving centers
- Level 1 trauma center
- Listed on "Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work
Learn more about Scripps Mercy Hospital.