How Much Do You Know About Heart Disease?
1. True or false: If your family has a history of heart disease, you will have heart disease.
2. What is the minimum recommendation of aerobic exercise you should get every week to maintain good health?
- Four hours of moderate-intensity activity or two hours of vigorous activity per week.
- Two and a half hours of moderate-intensity activity or an hour and 15 minutes of vigorous activity per week.
- An hour of moderate activity or half an hour of vigorous activity
- Three hours of moderate-intensity activity or two hours of vigorous activity per week.
3. Which of the following are symptoms of a heart attack in women?
- Nausea and vomiting
- Anxiety or a feeling of impending doom
- Heartburn or a feeling of fullness in the chest
- All of the above
4. True or False: You have to work out for at least 30 minutes at a time to get any health benefits.
5. What are the symptoms of high cholesterol?
- There are no symptoms
- Chest pain
6. True or False. Women are more likely to develop heart disease after menopause.
7. True or false: The cholesterol levels in your blood directly correlate with how much cholesterol you eat.
8. Eating too much salt increases your blood pressure by:
- Causing your body to retain too much fluid
- Interrupting the function of your liver
- Suppressing your immune system
- Causing fatigue
9. True or False: If you have a body mass index (BMI) in the normal range, you are healthy—even if you don’t eat a healthy diet or exercise regularly.
10. Which of the following conditions have been linked to heart disease?
- Periodontal disease
How did you do? Check your answers.