How Much Do You Know About Heart Disease?
1. True or False: Women in their 20s, 30s and 40s do not need to worry about heart disease.
2. Drinking alcohol in moderation can actually be beneficial to your heart, but too much can be damaging to your entire body. Moderation for women is considered to be one drink per day. Which of the following is considered one drink?
- 3 fl oz of 80-proof alcohol (including gin, vodka, scotch, etc.)
- 24 fl oz of beer
- 6 fl oz of wine
- 12 fl oz of beer
3. True or False: Birth control pills can increase your risk for cardiovascular problems.
4. Which conditions can be an indicator of heart disease later in life?
- Gestational diabetes
- High body mass index
- All of the above
5. True or False: Women don’t have heart attacks before they are in their 50s.
6. At what age should women start having their cholesterol checked?
7. What is the minimum recommendation of aerobic exercise you should get every week to maintain good health?
- Four hours of moderate-intensity activity or two hours of vigorous activity per week.
- Two and a half hours of moderate-intensity activity or an hour and 15 minutes of vigorous activity per week.
- An hour of moderate activity or half an hour of vigorous activity
- Three hours of moderate-intensity activity or two hours of vigorous activity per week.
8. True or False: You have to work out for at least to half an hour at a time to get any health benefits.
9. True or False: If you have a body mass index (BMI) in the normal range, you are healthy—even if I don’t eat a healthy diet or exercise regularly.
10. Which of the following can contribute to heart disease?
- Excessive stress
- Back pain
How well did you do? Check your answers.