- Scripps Green Hospital
- 10666 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
- La Jolla, CA 92037 US 32.8982 -117.243
- Visiting Hours
- 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs or wishes.
Caring for your feet
We live on our feet. During an average year, we can cover more than 1,000 miles on them. Over time, this wear and tear can lead to foot and ankle injuries, limited range of motion and severe pain. Sports injuries and accidents can also make the simple act of walking difficult and painful.
Feet and ankles are complex structures with dozens of bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles. Quality medical care and treatment for foot problems requires sophisticated knowledge and tools.
At Scripps, our foot and ankle specialists are board-certified orthopedic surgeons who have subspecialty training in foot and ankle reconstruction. Our orthopedists receive continuous training in the prevention and treatment of numerous conditions that affect the foot and ankle.
- Ankle instability
- Congenital deformities
- Flat feet
- Hammer toe
- Muscular and neurologic disorders
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tendon injuries
- Sports injuries
Non-surgical approaches may include , pain medication, anti-inflammatory drugs or other options. If surgery is necessary, we offer minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery, to remove loose bodies or repair tissue, as well as joint replacement procedures.
Foot surgery services
- Allograft surgery: Injured bone is replaced with healthy tissue.
- Arthroscopic, minimally invasive surgery: Uses pencil-thin tools and small incisions to repair foot and ankle damage.
- Fusion surgery: Treats arthritic joints in the foot and ankle.
- Joint replacement: Replaces injured or diseased bone and tissue with artificial joint.