- Scripps Green Hospital
- 10666 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
- La Jolla, CA 92037 US 32.8982 -117.243
- Visiting Hours
- 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs or wishes.
Restoring mobility to the hand and wrist
Hand and wrist injuries can make daily tasks difficult and painful. Brushing your teeth, typing, holding a pan or opening a jar can become tests of endurance. Scripps hand and wrist specialists are board-certified orthopedic surgeons with subspecialty training in hand and wrist repair. They understand your injury and the best ways to treat it.
From common problems to complex bone fractures or congenital malformations, our specialists are expertly qualified to diagnose, treat and help you prevent a variety of hand and wrist conditions.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- DeQuervain’s syndrome
- Dislocations and fractures
- Ganglion cysts
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Vascular conditions
In some cases, non-surgical options, like or braces, may ease pain and restore function. If surgery is called for, Scripps offers a wide variety of options, including joint reconstruction, carpal tunnel or cubital tunnel release and nerve and tendon transfers. Care continues with certified occupational and physical therapists to help you through the rehabilitation process.
Surgical options for hands and feet
- Arthroscopic, minimally invasive surgery: Uses small tools and incisions to repair hand and wrist damage with minimal damage to surrounding tissues
- Microvascular surgery: Reconstructive technique repairs tiny blood vessels
- Wrist joint replacement: Replaces injured or diseased bone and tissue with artificial joint