- Scripps Green Hospital
- 10666 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
- La Jolla, CA 92037 US 32.8982 -117.243
- Visiting Hours
- 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs or wishes.
Restoring function and mobility
Joint pain can be caused by arthritis, a sports ailment, a traumatic injury, a degenerative condition or simple wear and tear. Regardless of the cause, if simple movements are painful and difficult, Scripps provides many treatment options—both surgical and non-surgical—to help you find relief.
Depending on the severity of joint damage, our expert orthopedics team may recommend a relatively simple solution, like medication or physical therapy. If the injury is extensive, however, surgery may be needed. Our primary focus is always to eliminate pain and help you return to normal life.
Joint replacement and repair surgeries
Whether your condition requires minimally invasive arthroscopy, reconstructive surgery or total joint replacement, Scripps board-certified orthopedic surgeons are experienced in the latest techniques, often collaborating with clinical researchers to develop new approaches. Physicians with fellowship training work with a multidisciplinary team to help patients achieve their best possible outcomes.
- Hip resurfacing: An alternative to hip replacement and a potential solution for younger patients.
- Partial hip replacement: An alternative to total hip replacement, ideal for people suffering from a hip injury.
- Total hip replacement: A longstanding option for arthritis pain that completely replaces diseased joint.
- Arthroscopic, minimally invasive surgery: Uses tiny tools and small incisions to repair knee damage
- ACL reconstruction: Replaces a damaged ligament in the center of the knee with a healthy ligament.
- Unicompartmental knee surgery: Because only one part of the damaged knee is replaced, this procedure is also called a partial knee replacement.
- Total knee replacement: Removes damaged, often arthritic, cartilage and bone and replaces it with an artificial joint.