- Scripps Green Hospital
- 10666 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
- La Jolla, CA 92037 US 32.8963 -117.243
- Visiting Hours
- 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs or wishes.
Dedicated physicians for sports medicine
Scripps sports medicine specialists are team physicians for the San Diego Padres, the United States Olympic Training Center and local high schools. They have extensive experience providing care for trauma-induced sports injuries, as well as conditions caused by athletic wear and tear. By combining their expertise with tailored rehabilitation services, these physicians help athletes at all levels overcome injuries and achieve personal peak performance.
Extensive training, experience and sophisticated technology enable accurate diagnosis, personalized treatments and rehabilitation for a wide variety of sports injuries:
- Cartilage injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Golfer’s and tennis elbow
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Stress fractures
Sports medicine physicians at Scripps are supported by pain management specialists, rehabilitation professionals, specialty-trained nurses and other health care professionals—all dedicated to helping athletes regain their health and performance. Damage that might once have kept you on the sidelines permanently can be repaired with little or no loss of function.
Sports medicine surgical options
Scripps orthopedic surgeons perform a wide range of arthroscopic minimally invasive surgery to repair sports injuries. These surgical options include:
- Repair torn cartilage
- Reconstruct the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- Treat kneecap injuries and early arthritis
- Release shoulder impingements
- Repair rotator cuff injuries
- Stabilize the shoulder
- Treat tennis elbow
- Shoulder replacement surgery
- Knee replacement surgery
- Ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction