- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- 354 Santa Fe Drive
- Encinitas, CA 92024 US 33.0369 -117.284
- Visiting Hours
- 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs or wishes.
- Emergency Services
- The ER is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A Supportive Continuum of Care
Colorectal cancer (a group of cancers that includes colon cancer and rectal cancer) is one of the more common cancer diagnoses. It is also one of the most treatable, especially if caught in its early stages.
It often starts as benign growths in the lining of the colon (large intestine) and rectum (the last six to eight inches of the colon).
Scripps Cancer Center offers a number of services for patients with colon cancer, from imaging and diagnosis procedures to advanced and radiation therapy.
A collaborative environment
Our multidisciplinary team blends the expertise of health professionals who have specialized training in colorectal cancer care and oncology, including:
- Medical oncologists to coordinate care
- Board-certified colon and rectal surgeons, and general surgeons with extensive training in colon/rectal procedures
- Pathologists experienced in colorectal cancer diagnosis and research
- Radiation oncologists with expertise in the latest radiation therapies
- Radiologists trained in diagnostic procedures related to gastrointestinal issues
- Cancer care navigator program, featuring registered oncology nurses who work with patients to facilitate the care process, and cancer social workers