- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- 9888 Genesee Avenue
- La Jolla, CA 92037 US 32.8846 -117.222
- Visiting Hours
- 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs and wishes.
- Emergency Services
- The ER is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Scripps La Jolla Regional Cardiac Arrhythmia Center
Scripps La Jolla Regional Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, is an international leader in the management of heart rhythm disorders called arrhythmias. Our electrophysiologists use advanced technology and expertise to treat arrhythmias in patients of all ages and backgrounds.
The electrophysiology department at Scripps La Jolla cares for thousands of patients every year and performs more than 1,000 arrhythmia studies annually.
Our highly trained cardiac specialists and surgeons have pioneered numerous techniques and innovative procedures, making Scripps La Jolla Regional Cardiac Arrhythmia Center internationally recognized. These innovations include:
- First in San Diego to use catheter ablation to cure arrhythmias
- First in Southern California to surgically correct Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, a condition that can cause an extremely rapid heart rate
- First in Southern California to perform open heart surgery to cure arrhythmias
- First in the U.S. to implant a specific dual-chamber defibrillator
- Second in the U.S. to implant a biventricular (triple-chamber) defibrillator
- Largest enrolling center in the world for the landmark Contak CD trial of biventricular pacing defibrillators (cardiac resynchronization therapy) electrical treatment for heart failure.
- First in the world to test a MEM sensor to evaluate cardiac dyssynchrony and biventricular pacing
- First in Southern California to utilize CARTO sound mapping technology in atrial fibrillation ablation
- First in California to utilize Carrot EP lab integrated monitor system.
- One of the first hospitals in country to utilize Hansen Sensei X robot for catheter ablation.