- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- 9888 Genesee Avenue
- La Jolla, CA 92037 US 32.8852 -117.225 Directions
- Visiting Hours
- 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Visiting hours may be adjusted based on the patient's needs or wishes.
- Emergency Services
- The ER is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Attentive, Caring Childbirth Services
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla provides a warm, helpful and secure environment for you and your newborn. At our Women’s Center, you can go through labor, delivery and recovery all in one room. After recovery, you and your baby will enjoy a private postpartum room and bathroom, complete with a roll-away cot so your support person can be with you throughout your stay.
Complete care for you and your baby
We use a multidisciplinary approach to pregnancy, delivery and the postpartum period. Our staff includes:
- Specially trained physicians and nurses
- Lactation consultants and breastfeeding classes
- Certified childbirth educators
- Neonatal intensive care (NICU)
- Home health experts
- Registered dietitians
- Social Workers
- Respiratory care practitioners
For more information on breastfeeding or to speak to a lactation consultant, please call 858-626-6268.
Scripps La Jolla carries breast pumps for rent as well as for sale at our “Mother’s Boutique” breastfeeding store. The rental of hospital grade electric pumps may or may not be covered by your insurance company. Please check with your insurance company for details about coverage for breast pump rental. Payment for breast pump rental or the purchase of a breast pump is due upon rental/sale.
Our breastfeeding store is located in the lobby of the Women’s Center. The store is open Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Saturday 12 – 4 p.m. For more information call 858-626-4538.
Please note that during flu season, visitation restrictions apply.