Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. In order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established for each unit.
General visiting hours are 8 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital, except the designated smoking areas located outside, in the back of the hospital. If needed, please ask the charge nurse for specific directions.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- To visit after hours, you must get permission from the charge nurse or operations supervisor.
- Overnight visiting will be determined by the primary nurse and charge nurse and is limited to adults only. A private room is required for overnight stays. If given permission to stay, you must sign in with security and be issued a visitor’s pass.
- An adult is required to accompany children at all times.