Maternity care in two San Diego locations
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego and Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista both offer comprehensive maternity services in a caring, family-centered environment. At both locations you’ will experience labor, delivery and recovery all in the same room. After delivery, you and your new baby will stay together so you can bond. Beds or roll-away cots are available for your support person to stay with you.
Take a photo tour of the maternity unit at:
Both locations provide specialized care for mothers-to-be and their new babies. Our maternity care services include:
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Labor, delivery and recovery in one room
- A level II neonatal care unit for newborns that need special care
- Lactation services
- Parenting, sibling and childbirth classes
- Private postpartum rooms at our San Diego location
- Hospital beds available for your support person at our San Diego location
Both Scripps Mercy Hospital locations provide comprehensive breastfeeding support.
Scripps hospitals and lactation stores carry breast pumps for rent as well as for sale. The rental of hospital grade electric pumps may or may not be covered by your insurance company. Please check with your insurance company for details about coverage for breast pump rental. Payment for breast pump rental or the purchase of a breast pump is due upon rental/sale.
For more information or to speak with a lactation consultant, call 619-260-7234.
Please note that during flu season visitation restrictions apply.