Personalized Classes for Patients with Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease
If you have been diagnosed with stage 4 chronic kidney disease you may have questions about how this will affect your future health and wellness.
To provide answers and a better understanding of chronic kidney disease, we offer six personalized educational classes titled, “Chronic Kidney Disease: Your Treatment, Your Choice”.
At each class you will meet one-on-one with a nurse practitioner who specializes in caring for patients with kidney disease and kidney failure. Each class is approximately 45 minutes. This allows patients time to ask questions and become better equipped to manage their condition. The goal is to help those in our care become proactive in preventing progression of their kidney disease.
Each session is customized based on your medical history and health needs. In general, the classes focus on topics, such as:
- What is kidney disease
- What you can do to prevent or slow progression of kidney disease, including lifestyle modifications such as smoking cessation, maintaining a healthy weight and exercise
- Options for treatment of kidney failure (such as kidney transplant and dialysis)
- Advance directives and palliative care
- How to live well with a chronic illness
Classes are offered at the following locations in San Diego:
- Home Dialysis Central
- National Kidney Disease Education Program (NKDEP)
- National Kidney Foundation (NKF)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation
- Transplant Living
If you’re interested in attending these classes, talk to your kidney doctor today. We can schedule classes at a time and location that fits your schedule.