Scripps Clinic Center for Weight Management
Serving patients with a deep commitment to medical management of their weight, Scripps Clinic Center for Weight Management in Del Mar offers the following medical, surgical and support services.
Weight loss surgery
- Bariatric surgery, including laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery , laparoscopic gastric banding (LAP-BAND) and gastrectomy
- Individualized post-surgical exercise, nutritional and psychological programs
- Weight management alternatives for overweight patients who are looking for non-surgical therapies
- Long-term fitness programs
- Treatment for medical problems associated with eating disorders, such as:
Metabolic management and research
- Diagnosis of unexplained weight loss or weight gain
- Treatment and long-term management of the following:
The center has specialists who study the genetic abnormalities of obesity in order to accurately diagnose the cause of weight gain, and plan for its care.