The 42nd Annual Mercy Ball, “Merci Mercy,” held on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, at the Grand Del Mar, raised nearly $200,000 to benefit breast cancer care programs for the Scripps Cancer Center at Scripps Mercy Hospital.
This year’s event was co-chaired by Anne and Chuck Dick, Gretchen and Kirk Avery, and Cecilia and Jose Larroque. More than 450 guests enjoyed an elegant evening of fine cuisine, live entertainment, dancing, and bid on one-of-a-kind silent and live auctions, including:
- Paella Party for 20 hosted by the Sisters of Mercy and Karen and Tom Gammiere;
- Bay cruise cocktail party for 40 people aboard the Spirit of Solar;
- Private artisan table for 12 guests at The Lodge at Torrey Pines;
- An elegant event at the San Diego Symphony; and
- Men’s Corum Luxury Admirals Cup Competition 48 time piece
The Scripps Cancer Center at Scripps Mercy Hospital is the only hospital-based cancer program serving more than 1 million people who live or work in downtown San Diego, South Bay and surrounding communities.
- Nicholas Pince