Year-long initiative designed to highlight wellness in Downtown San Diego
Scripps Health and the Downtown San Diego Partnership have teamed up to launch “Healthy Living in the City,” a wellness initiative that encourages people to explore Downtown and its healthy lifestyle options.
The year-long initiative, which kicked off on July 10, includes health-conscious cooking classes, lunchtime strolls and yoga taught in unique urban settings.
Several local media outlets reported on the partnership and the summer’s highlight event, a free yoga session on the flight deck of the USS Midway that was attended by nearly 400 people.
- Watch the FOX 5 morning show segment on the heart health benefits of yoga with Scripps Clinic cardiologist Elizabeth Kaback, M.D.
- Watch the San Diego 6 morning show segment on the importance of a healthy lifestyle with Stacy Schlocker, M.D., internal medicine specialist at Scripps Coastal Medical Center.
- Read the KPBS story about the Yoga on the Midway event.
- View the U-T San Diego photos from the Yoga on the Midway event.
- Read the U-T Story Wellness Initiative Launched on Flight Deck
To learn more about the “Healthy Living in the City” program visit http://www.downtownsandiego.org/healthyscripps/.
- Kristin Reinhardt