Patient satisfaction is integral to health care quality
We are committed to continually improving patient satisfaction at Scripps. We constantly seek feedback from our patients and their families in order to improve the overall patient experience.
Patient surveys are sent to every hospital inpatient, and sent to randomly-selected outpatients from hospitals and clinics.
We want to know what your experience at Scripps was like, so we ask you to rate:
- Communication with nurses. Did nurses listen carefully and respectfully to your concerns, and clearly explain aspects of your care?
- Responsiveness of hospital staff. Did you get help when you needed it? Was it quick?
- Communication with doctors. Did doctors listen carefully and respectfully to your concerns, and clearly explain aspects of your care?
- The hospital environment. Was the facility clean, and quiet?
- Pain management. Did care providers manage pain effectively?
- Communication regarding medications. Did staff adequately tell you about new medications you’d be taking, and describe possible side effects?
- The discharge process. Did staff discuss possible symptoms and side effects of after care? Did they ask if you needed help at home?
Quality improvement teams at each facility analyze the survey results to pinpoint and address problems, as well as identify successful practices within individual departments that can be implemented across the entire Scripps system. View our Patient Satisfaction results.