Scripps Heart Attack Quality Efforts
Quality activities related to heart attack care include:
- Following evidence-based medicine guidelines while providing care
- Tracking our performance and constantly working to improve on heart attack quality measures correlated with better health outcomes
- Planning to build the Prebys Cardiovascular Institute, a world-class heart care center where patients will have access to the nation’s top cardiac experts, most advanced diagnostics, leading-edge treatments and latest research findings in the fight against heart disease.
View hospital reports
- Scripps Green Hospital
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Scripps Mercy Hospital
About heart attack
A heart attack (also called an AMI or acute myocardial infarction) happens when the arteries leading to the heart become blocked and the blood supply is slowed or stopped, which destroys heart tissue.