Dr. Cabrejos received his medical degree from Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos in Lima, Peru and his Masters of Public Health degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine. His postgraduate education includes a residency in psychiatry at Tulane University School of Medicine, a fellowship in public health psychiatry at the American Psychiatric Association, and a fellowship in addiction psychiatry at Yale University School of Medicine. A member of the American Psychiatric Association, the American Association of Community Psychiatry, and the American Medical Association, Dr. Cabrejos has co-authored numerous articles in scientific journals and presented at professional meetings on a variety of topics. Dr. Cabrejos is board certified in psychiatry and neurology and in addiction psychiatry.
His community activities include practicing acute care and preventive medicine in Peruvian communities and working with the Epidemiological Unit of the Federal Emergency Management Agency in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew. Born in Lima, Dr. Cabrejos is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.
Areas of Expertise
- Addiction Psychology
- Psychiatry & Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Addiction Psychiatry, 2008
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Psychiatry, 2008
- Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, MD, 1988
- Tulane University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1997
- Tulane University School of Medicine, Psychiatry, 2000
- Yale New Haven Hospital, Addiction Psychology, 2002