A neurologist, Thomas Chippendale, MD, has been practicing medicine in San Diego’s North County since 1984. He has a special interest in stroke care and the diagnosis and treatment of people with multiple sclerosis (MS). Dedicated to training future health care providers, he is the recipient of the Clinical Teaching Award at the University of California, San Diego—where he is an assistant clinical professor of neurology. Dr. Chippendale is a member of the San Diego Neurologic Society and the American Academy of Neurology. Prior to medical school, he completed a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and a Master of Science degree in pharmacology at the University of California, Irvine (UCI). Afterward, he earned a Master of Arts degree in psychology and a Ph.D. in neuroscience and behavior from Princeton University, where he was a Spencer Fellow.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine, Holistic Medicine, 2007
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology, 1989
- University of California at Irvine School of Medicine, MD, 1980
- University of California, San Diego, Internal Medicine, 1981
- University of California, San Diego, Neurology, 1984