Dr. Choplin has been practicing medicine since 1977 and was board certified in Ophthalmology in 1981. Dr. Choplin received his medical degree from New York Medical College in 1976. He served his internship specializing in General Surgery at Long Island Jewish Hospital and served his residency specializing in Ophthalmology at Nassau County Medical Center. He completed a fellowship in glaucoma at the Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia under the direction of Dr. George Spaeth. Dr. Choplin retired from the medical corps of the United States Navy with the rank of captain. His most recent assignment was as the Chairman, Department of Ophthalmology, Naval Medical Center San Diego. In addition to clinical practice, Dr. Choplin is the Clinical Director for Laser Diagnostic Technologies, Inc., a manufacturer of diagnostic equipment used for the management of glaucoma. He has numerous scientific publications and has authored three major ophthalmology textbooks.
Areas of Expertise
- General Surgery
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, 1981
- New York Medical College, MD, 1976
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, General Surgery, 1977
- Nassau County Medical Center, Ophthalmology, 1980
- Wills Eye Hospital, Glaucoma Diagnosis & Treatment, 1985