Pediatrician Gary Chun, MD, strongly believes that patients and their families deserve an unhurried opportunity to voice their concerns and have those concerns addressed thoroughly, a philosophy that his staff also shares.
Dr. Chun is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is committed to keeping abreast on changes in children’s healthcare. Dr. Chun is also on staff at Rady Children’s Hospital.
A native of Sacramento, Dr. Chun graduated from Stanford University, Harvard University, and Washington University in St. Louis. He then returned west for pediatric residency and was a chief resident at the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Chun is married and has one grown son. He has been a “nearly-semi-professional” actor and singer, composer, lyricist, arranger and author of original musical plays, an aspiring jazz drummer, and a devoted fan of baseball.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics, 1989
- Washington University School of Medicine, MD, 1984
- University of California, San Diego, Pediatrics, 1985
- University of California, San Diego, Pediatrics, 1987
- University of California, San Diego, Pediatrics, 1988