A member of the Division of Neurology, Dr. Chyung received his medical degree and Ph.D. in neuroscience at University of Pennsylvania and his undergraduate degree in biology from Harvard College. He completed an internship in medicine, a residency in neurology and a fellowship in neurophysiology/epilepsy at the University of California San Francisco. Dr. Chyung is certified by the American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry.
Dr. Chyung is co-medical director of the epilepsy inpatient unit at Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas. In addition to treating patients with epilepsy and seizure disorders, he also cares for people with memory disorders including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurophysiology, 2009
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology, 2006
- University of Pennsylvania, MD, 2000
- University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2001
- University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Neurology, 2004
- University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, Epilepsy, 2005