In practice since 1996, Timothy Corbin, MD, is the medical director for the Scripps Hospice Program. His clinical interests include advanced care planning, hospice and palliative medicine, and pain management.
Dr. Corbin believes that open communication is the key to excellent patient care. He makes it a point to get to know his patients, including understanding their goals and needs. He also believes in the importance of integrating the spiritual, emotional, social and psychological needs of the patient into the care plan.
He is also passionate about educating the community on hospice and palliative medicine, and is a frequent guest lecturer to medical residents, fellows and nursing students.
When he is not caring for patients, he enjoys fishing, biking, running and track events.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Areas of Expertise
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, 2010
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1999
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine, MD, 1996
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, Internal Medicine, 2000