Aliya Ferouz-Colborn, MD, is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. She completed her internship in general surgery and her residency in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Ferouz-Colborn practiced in Wilmington, Delaware before relocating to the San Diego area in 1998.
After completing additional studies in the field of sleep medicine, Dr. Ferouz-Colborn became a diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine in 2004. She is presently the only physician board-certified in both otolaryngology and sleep medicine in the state of California, and only one of a dozen such physicians in the country.
Dr. Ferouz-Colborn was presented with the AMA’s Physician Recognition Award in the years 2000-2005. She is on faculty at the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology. Recognized as an expert in the area of sleep-disordered breathing (snoring and sleep apnea), Dr. Ferouz-Colborn gives lectures on this topic nationwide.
Raised in Silver Spring, Maryland, she and her family live in Carlsbad and enjoy hiking, gardening and beach walks in their spare time.
- Sleep apnea
- Snoring treatment
- Nasal and sinus disorders
- Comprehensive treatment for snoring and sleep apnea, including implants and other minimally-invasive treatments
- Comprehensive testing for sleep disorders
- Treatment for nasal and sinus disorders, including minimally-invasive sinus surgery
Areas of Expertise
- Sleep Medicine
- American Board of Sleep Medicine, Sleep Medicine, 2008
- American Board of Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology, 1997
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, MD, 1991
- Temple University Hospital, General Surgery, 1992
- Temple University Hospital, Otolaryngology, 1996