Dr. Floyd has been practicing ophthalmology (eye specialty)in San Diego since 1981 and was board certified in Ophthalmology in 1980. Dr. Floyd received her medical degree from the University of Southern California in 1974. She served her internship specializing in Internal Medicine at Huntington Memorial Hospital and served her residency specializing in Ophthalmology at the University of California at San Diego. She has also completed a two year fellowship in Ophthalmic Pathology and Diagnostic Ultrasound at the Doheny Eye Institute/USC. She is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor at UCSD. She has served as the Director of Ophthalmic Pathology at the San Diego Eye Bank and was a consultant to the Department of Ophthalmology at the Balboa Naval Hospital.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, 1980
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, MD, 1974
- Huntington Memorial Hospital, Internship-Medicine
- University of California, San Diego - Dept of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology
- Hospital of the Good Samaritan, Internal Medicine
- Estelle Dohney Eye Foundation, Ophthalmology & Pathology