Dr. Friend has been a physician since 1969 and is board certified in both Internal Medicine and Nephrology. He received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania and served his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Nephrology at the University of Minnesota Hospitals.
Prior to entering private practice, Dr.Friend was an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Minnesota School of Medicine and the recipient of an NIH Clinical Investigator Award in kidney disease.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Nephrology, 1978
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1972
- University of Pennsylvania, MD, 1969
- VA Medical Center, Medicine, 1970
- University of Minnesota, Nephrology, 1975
- University of Minnesota, Internal Medicine, 1972