Silvia Garcia, MD, is a specialist in hospice and palliative care and the medical director for the Scripps Hospice Program in the South San Diego region.
Dr. Garcia sees the importance of getting to know her patients and fully understanding their needs. By providing compassionate and individualized care, she provides comfort to her patients, which allows healing to begin as soon as possible.
Passionate about education, she works to educate children on the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol.
When she is not caring for patients she enjoys spending time with family, reading, walking and playing the piano.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Areas of Expertise
- Family Medicine
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, 2008
- American Board of Family Medicine, Family Medicine, 2002
- University of Wisconsin Medical School, MD, 1999
- Kern Medical Center, Family Medicine, 2002
- San Diego Hospice Center for Palliative Studies, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, 2005