A member of the Division of Rheumatology at Encinitas, Dr. Kaplan received his medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine and served his internship and residency at the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, and completed his research fellowship in Rheumatology at Scripps Clinic. He was certified in Rheumatology in 1978 and in Internal Medicine in 1975 and has been practicing for over 20 years. Dr. Kaplan’s practice is limited to Rheumatology, specializing in auto-immune diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, myofascial pain and spinal stenosis. He is also a founding member of the American Rheumatism Association and a past President of the San Diego Rheumatism Society.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, 1978
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1975
- Yale University School of Medicine, MD, FACP, 1972
- University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Intern/Resid, Internal Medicine, 1975
- Scripps Clinic, Fellowship, Rheumatology, 1978
- University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Fellowship, Rheumatology, 1976