As a gastroenterologist, Andrew Mayer, MD, provides a variety of consultative and endoscopic services. He has an interest in helping patients with gastrointestinal and digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome, colon cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and gastroesophageal reflux.
Throughout his career, Dr. Mayer has held multiple leadership positions including section chief of gastroenterology at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, 2006
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2003
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine, MD, 2000
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2001
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2003
- University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Gastroenterology, 2006