Dr. Millbern received his medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis and his undergraduate degree from Indiana University in Bloomington. He served a rotating internship and a residency in anesthesiology at the Naval Regional Medical Center in San Diego and a fellowship in critical care medicine at the University of Florida. He is a retired captain in the Medical Corps of the U.S. Naval Reserve and past executive officer of the Reserve Medical Unit in San Diego.
Dr. Millbern is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology and is a fellow of the American College of Anesthesiologists. He is past president of the San Diego Society of Anesthesiologists and a member of other professional societies including the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the California Society of Anesthesiologists. Dr. Millbern has been practicing anesthesiology for over 20 years.
Areas of Expertise
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology, 1977
- Indiana University School of Medicine, MD, 1973
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, Internship-Medicine, 1974
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, Anesthesiology, 1977
- University of Florida, Pulmonary Disease, 1978